Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sparkler Day

Also known as Independence Day to the rest of you.
(and sometimes referred to as:
Hopefully-not-widow-maker-from fireworks-stunt Day too)

Although this was a low-key year
(as in Mr Bennett and friends did not spend a small fortune at a local firework store),
 we still managed to have lots of fun with sparklers.
(and there may have also been some BBQ, cake and frisbees too).

I have been wanting to take a cool sparkler picture
either with a word spelled out,
which is tough to line up a bunch of people
(especially when they are small and not so great at spelling)
or
a cool heart/shape picture...
And although I did not get my envisioned shot,
we did manage to catch some perfectly imperfect ones.

Teaching the boy all about sparklers now that he is almost 3.
He loved them.
Loved without fear.
Which means we will probably wait until nextyear to actually let him handle one.
(as I saw that gleam in his eye,
when he realized he could play with this fire)


Sam's beautifully symmetrical designs...

My kinda spazzy designs...

I think this was supposed to be a happy(ish) face.

And my supposed to be(ish) heart.

I love sparkler pictures!!!
Thinking this might make a fun evening again this summer.
Once we are done with these 1oo degree days.
And I am crazy enough to let the kids stay up late again....
but that's another story.

No comments: