Wednesday, May 20, 2009

She's all Edumacated!

Well...at least she's off to a great start!
Bryn graduated from pre-school yesterday. I dropped her off as a preschooler and picked her up as a soon-to-be kindergartener....and I swear the kid grew 2 inches in the one hour we were there.
The fun thing was that they held a real ceremony for the kids (or their parents). They had a processional and little caps and gowns too! Yeah, I know, it's just preschool, but it was a fun way to mark the occasion, especially since Bryn will be attending a new school in the fall.

Of course, due to my condition I was more than my usual hormonal mess. As soon as I saw Bryn in her little cap and gown, I was all teary. It's almost like we fast forwarded 12 years and I was watching her graduate from high school. Just more step away from us and one more to a bigger world for her.
Bittersweet.



The ceremony was lovely. The kids even sang "God Bless America"...which was a nice touch.
Bryn and her friends enjoyed every minute of it. (and we enjoyed watching her)



Words can not express how proud of my little Brynnie I am.


And Ava too. (although I can not be sure whether she was proud of Bryn or if she was just going in for the diploma).

No comments: