Today is a day dedicated to love. I wasn't sure how to post about all the love I feel for my family, without it becoming a trilogy,
so I am going to make a list of the things I love about them right now.
- Every one of my loves are fast asleep, which means the house is quiet and I have this silence all to myself.
- Bryn's awkward smile as her two front "Big teeth" are growing in (and I can see we will need to start saving for braces)
- Ava's desire to read to her brother and try to get him to calm down so he would fall asleep in her bed and they could have a "sleepover"
- Eric's definition of a Dalmation = "Cow Dog"
- Sid's snores. I like the extra presence in the house (despite his slow potty training ways)
- Tom's want to be the "cool Dad". He always wants to go somewhere on a whim with the kids...and although we may have not made it to Colorado tonight, we did make it to "Cherry Berry- the frozen yogurt place"
- My too-cool teenaged brother was extra kind and thoughtful to our Mom...she was grateful, so in turn, I am too
- Ava's need to know "how many days" until anything we do (did you know there are only 314 days until Christmas?).
- Bryn's tender heart. She is truly one of the most compassionate girls I know.
- Eric's desire to "go to cool" (as he fills his leetle backpack with about 20 pounds of HotWheels cars)
- A hug from my honey. I love how a hug or kiss makes us reconnect.
- Sid's tornado of a tail when he sees the kids in the morning.
- Having a grateful heart.
I love my lovies and all the joy, frustration, chaos and contentment it brings. I look forward to what tomorrow brings, but for today I am so thankful for these little things.
The little things that often get lost in the daily shuffle of life.
Happy Valentine's Day my Loves!
Oh- I also love these Monster Valentine boxes that the girls made.
This is what I am told my sweet biddy Siddy weighs at 13 weeks.
I am also told he will do the most amount of growing in the NEXT couple months...as if his current faster-than-the-speed-of-light rate of growth has not been enough.
at the thought of my Not-so-Biddy-Siddy.
He is still one sweet little pup.
(and very healthy according my our vet).
This is obviously his happy face.
And this is his pensive face..
G'ah!! How can you not just adore that sweet face?
That gives me an idea. I should totally do a post with the many faces of Sidney! ;)
It has been so unseasonably warm this winter, that we may not have to go to Florida during Spring Break for the annual winter warm up!
Last week the highs were in the 50s all week...and we even hit a high of 63 degrees one day.
Since T had the day off, we decided to go to a local park to try and tire these kids out enjoy the weather.
Although it was still a greyish day, it was kind of neat to see the winter-side of the walking trails...
Ava was all about posing for pictures. (which is odd for her, but a welcome change)
The super rare and elusive "3 kids looking at the camera" picture.
Bryn has already mastered the teenaged "WTF?" face.
This is going to be a looong 10 years of that.
He has the look of mischief in his eyes...
I am loving these unusually warm days (especially since we are still trying to potty train Sidney and its gets mighty cold first thing in the morning to be stumbling around outside trying to get Sid to "hurryup"), but a little part of me fears what that will mean for Spring weather...