Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alligator Farm - Take 2

We decided to go and enjoy the Alligator farm one more time until the horrible humid and hot days come our way. It's very similar to the feeling I would get up north when I knew cold weather was upon us and I needed to get the girls outside as much as possible to enjoy the weather before we were cooped up inside from blizzards and snow and all things freezing.
Yeah, its kinda like that except we know the hot days are coming. The days of any hope of wearing your hair in anything but uptight in a ponytail are almost gone.
(yeah, thanks humidity)

Anyway, on this particularily beautiful day we went to visit our favorites at the Gator Farm...to me that's the bird sanctuary.
I am still in total awe of the beautiful warm weather birds. They are big, beautiful and so graceful. I could watch them all day.
So we made our way through the trees dotted with hundreds of big white birds.





...and I think this stork was eyeing up the girlies to eat them for lunch.


Of course we saw all the usual suspects- the cranes,


The herons,


...and some not so usual suspects.
I like to call these guys the platypus birds.


I also had a strange ncounter with a beast of a bird. It was huge! I mean ostrich big! But he had the most beautiful colors.
...and I think he was trying to perform some jedi mind tricks through his fence.


And although we see storks, cranes, herons and egrets all the time in the ponds here by our house, I was totally amazed to catch a glimpse of some baby egrets! Awwww!


...and that was when my camera battery dieed.
Crap.
Of course it was on the one day the toothless crocodile was smiling wide, the kimodo dragon came right up to say hi and Maximo, the biggest alliagator ever was in the water observation tank which (never happens).
Yeah.
I missed it all.
So you'll have to take my word for it whenI say that we had all sorts of fun!

No comments: