Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ava's First Day of Preschool!


Funny thing about that.
I have been awaiting her first day of preschool since she was a very little girl.
And now that today came, instead of booting her out my car door during pick up, I found myself a little choked up watching her walk into the school with a teacher.

And the thing that I both love and can't stand about Ava is she is absolute.
When she woke this morning, she told me she was going to school and was very excited.

And she was.

Thankfully, or else this morning would have been a disaster.
But she cheerfully jumped out of my car (and another step away from her little life here at home with me) into a bigger world.

A world that she is definately ready for. (although I am not).

When I picked her up, I asked her- "Ava, did you have a great day?"
She replied- "No Mommy, I had a VERY great day!!"

Man, I love that kid.

No comments: