Saturday, August 29, 2009

Soaking up the last few weeks of summer...

although summer really goes on until about October here.

We (meaning Tom) decided it would be alot of fun to head to the beach to catch some of the forecasted large wave swells exepcted from Hurrican Bill.
So he conned talked the neighbors into coming with us and even managed to convince the neighbor to go on his suicide mission...I mean...body boarding.

We just went to the local beach about 20 minutes away (you know, in case we needed a hospital close by). We could tell just walking up to the beach that the waves were a good 10+ feet. The shore was dotted with quite a few suicidal surfers hoping to catch a good wave or two.

I choose to hang closer to the beach. Well, not really choose, but Ava still refuses to go anyewhere near anything that resembles an ocean. So we played in the sand. (which is really just teeny tiny shells that stick to everything!)




...and enjoyed some of the quaint local cottages.



...pretty much anything to keep my mind off of Tom and his suicide mission.



Yeah, that's Tom in there "riding the wave". He pretty much got smeared to the bottom of the ocean and has the bruises to prove it.



Although he didn't get it as bad as some of the other crazy-a$$ surfers.
The rip tide was insane!



The pull from the tide was so strong that I coule barely keep my balance while walking in ankle deep water.
And after loooong negociations with Ava, I finally convinced her to touch the water with her feet...and the poor thing was pulled into the water by rip tides.
I think I may have scarred her for life on that one.

While I love hanging at the beach, there seems to be so much work in going there. Luckily, Tom is a gentleman and always helps to carry a ladies things.


The only real bad part is that I am still finding sand in places there should not be sand.

No comments: