Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sea World

We decided to make the most of Tom's week off and the girls' last week of summer...so we decided to head to Sea World (which is less than 2 hours away thankfully).

The weather was rainy and thundery and lighteningy all day, so we dashed from covered exhibit to dry place. And did our best to not get struck by that pesky Florida lightening.

We decided to start our day off with the Shamu show "Believe". I highly recommend it. I think it was the highlight of our day, and I was so glad we were able to enjoy it first.
We were at the back of the stadium, but it was so incredibly cool to watch these huge animals do their thing. I even got a little vaklempt.

Shamu!!


Doing some cool tricks. (or maybe getting ready for lunch...I couldn't tell) But that was one brave trainer!



....and wait for it....


SPLASH!
(and we were at the back- it was THAT big of a splash).


We also enjoyed a neat dolphin show.




Many things were closed due to the weather... Bryn was not so impressed with the rain. We weren't able to feed any sting rays or other animals in the water with the lightening.



But we managed to find a few things to do.


All in all a fun day. An expensive fun day.
If you go to SeaWorld...see the shows. I think its the shows that make it fun.
I do not recommend going to Sea World nearly 8 months pregnant though. I think I spent half the day finding bathrooms to use...but that's another story.

No comments: