Monday, August 24, 2009

Bryn's First Day of Kindergarten!!!

I can not even believe that I am typing that.
My first born.
My lovey.
My sweet little girl...has gone to kindergarten.

I have been dreading this day for a very long time.
I know most normal people look forward to having their kids back in school for some quieter time...I can relate to that, but I was not ready to have her gone all day.
To have someone else pick her up on a bus and drive her to school.
To have someone else make sure she arrived to class safely.

Today was the longest day of my life.

And while I know Bryn is big enough to handle school on her own...it terrifies me that her little world just got ALOT bigger, and without me in it.



Daddy went into work late, so he could help us walk B to her bus stop!


Bryn and Ava decided the bus was too slow, so they had to sit down.
(I will not be quite so early the next time- ooops).


Upon picking her up, I got the biggest hug of my life and it was clear that it had been a very long day for her...in fact I bet she'll be sleeping by dinner. I think she enjoyed herself, but was just a little overwhelmed.

I am so incredibly proud of my little kindergartener.
I am also sure that I will be very thankful for each and every day off school that we have together.

No comments: