Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christopher Pop-In-Kins

If you are looking for a new Christmas tradition, I highly recommend this Elf thing.
I know the "Elf on a Shelf" has been very popular lately. I loved the idea, but just found the elf a little on the creepy side.
Then I discovered Christopher. Same theory, only adorable!

Tom and I have been having lots of fun by making up elaborate stories about this mysterious "Christopher" which I am sure will land my kids in therapy one day.
On Dec 1st, the Christopher Pop-in-kins book magically showed up at our doorstep.
We read the story about how Christopher Pop-in-kins wanted to come here to visit boys and girls, so Santa gave him the magic to do so, and he chose to come to our house to visit. BUT-

the catch is that he will report back to Santa on Dec 24th. Then we will wait to see whether we were all good enough for a visit from Santa. (clearly Christopher was not paying special attention to Tom and myself who may have very well hurt our chances of having Santa visit).

Anyway, the fun came every morning when we had to find a place to hide Christopher somewhere in the house. This became an event with Tom and myself...we loved finding hiding places for Christopher to sit and observe.
Somewhere high enough that the girls could not easily reach and touch him (very well figurely out that this whole live-elf thing is a sham). So we told them that if they touched Christopher, he would lose his magic and return home to the North Pole. (again- Oh! The deception!)

Tom and I had fun hiding the elf for the first week or so.
Then it just became tricky trying to find a new fun place to hide Christopher each night...or even worse, we forgot to move him.
Luckily, the girls came up with their own theory by saying that "maybe he just really likes that spot"...which was a good enough for me explanation and it seemed to appease my curious little minds.
Needless to say Christopher had quite a few spots that he "really liked" and stayed for a couple nights.







I loved their excitement each morning running around and looking for him. I can even say it was fun to hear them talk about where he was hiding, how he got up there and even talk to him.
The excitement also came with a 6am wake up call as the girls could not wait to find our little elf-friend every morning.


All is all, it was a fun start to a new tradition. I look forward to having Mr Christopher Pop-in-kins visit year after year and I highly recommend this adorable elf to everyone! (big and little kids)

I am also happy to report that we must have had a good review as Santa did indeed visit and as Ava said- "Look Mom- I didn't get any coal in my stocking- I must have been nice!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

We are going to start that tradition this Christmas.