Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Little Big Man

He is here. Finally.
Eric Thomas.

Son.
Little brother.
Sweetheart.
Grump.

It's been awhile since I have updated...partly because we've been so busy with life as a family of five. Partly because I am so tired, I can barely remember my name and when given the choice between blogging or sleeping, (anything vs sleeping for that matter), sleep always wins.
Always.

But he is here and although late, I am finally announcing it to the internets.

Eric Thomas arrived October 19th, 2009.
8 lbs 3 oz and 21.5 inches and perfect.
No really, perfect. I have never seen such a perfect little newborn head or face...including my girlies (they looked like they were Chinese).
Eric was so perfect that both Tom and I looked at each other and said- "Is that OUR child?"
I even doubted that I was his mother!




Eric has been the little boy I never know I wanted.
He doesn't really cry, but rather whimpers like a goat. (although I have hear him mad and his goat grumblings do get pretty loud).
He LOVES to eat...and sleep.
Well...sleep during the day anyway. The first few weeks were ROUGH. He would wake to eat every 2 hours and that was when I could hold him off. Definately a boob-man.
Despite his need to eat all the time or else his world would end, he was very mellow the first 6 weeks. I never had to swaddle him as he would just lay in his bassinette quietly...you know chill'axin.


Eric just takes it all in. Poor kid seems to know he doesn't really stand a chance with me as his Mom and his two big sisters, so he always seems to have this look on his face.

Seriously?
(also known as "whatyoutalkinboutWillis?" look)


Despite the ever-present furrow in his brow. Eric seems to fit in seamlessly.
And we all adore his adorableness.
The girls are smitten. I was worried about jealousy issues, but I seem to spend more time trying to keep them from "lerving" him just a little tooooo much. (especially with flu season here).



So there we have it.
Our new, wonderfully chaotic family of five.

(Sleep is for wusses anyway...)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats! He's adorable.
I'm following you and hope you'll follow me too.