Saturday, July 10, 2010

If Blogging were my fortune...

I'd be totally broke.

I suck at keeping records of our days, which is why I was doing this in the first place. I'm so busy in the daily routines/survivals that I have had a hard time finding any time to update here.

Life with 3 kidlets is starting to get a little busy.

Now I write from here in Ohio...yes Ohio. We have moved from my beloved Florida and are settling into a new Mid-West sort of life. I could write about how I miss my beloved Y, my bunco nights or my awesome old neighbors that kept Tom busy and out of my hair. Or I could mention how we have met some cool new friends, some fun parks and the relief of living close to family again. Either way, I'll post a re-cap sometime soon.

We are in the middle of a nice not-Florida-summer. A summer of sleeping in, popsicles on the porch and watermelon covered chins. Summer means food to me. (although so does Spring, Fall and Winter)..but I loves me some summer eats. I strongly believe the freezer should be well stocked with frozen treats and fresh berries at all times in the summer.

It's almost a daily post-dinner ritual that we all march outside on the front porch and enjoy something messy. Usually a watermelon or popsicle or Drumstick...anything that would make me cringe to feed them inside.



And we do nothing fancy...no planned activity. Sometimes we just sit in the grass eating, slurping and enjoying.





This is probably one of my favorite parts of the day. The winding down of the kids, enjoying something sweet and of course knowing that bedtime is just around the corner.

No comments: