Saturday, January 14, 2012

Do you Pinterest?


I do!
What the hay you say?
It's an uber cool website that you can "bookmark" pictures, crafts and ideas from other websites and save them visually on boards.
Check out PINTEREST HERE
but don't say I didn't warn you...
It's like opening a big can of crafty worms.
(and I may or may not have spent hours there...maybe even days)

There are endless ideas from so many many people.
I am always inspired.
But I also find it can be a little daunting.
I mean seriously, how many "Stay-at-home-homeschooling-moms-who-also-cook-from-scratch-only-things-from-their-own-garden-and-take-amazing-pictures-of-it" are out there?

I always fancied myself a little crafty, but so many, many of these blogs that I have discovered on Pinterest, put me to shame.
Crafting shame.
or at least the pictures make me tend to believe that it's all rainbows and sunshine for them.

But, it's not that way at the Bennett househould...far from it.
And just for fun- we tried a little baking project from Pinterest.

What you won't find are dozens are beautifully edited photos-
or even any photos as I spent the whole time making sure Eric didn't throw any flour (again)
and Ava didn't whap her brother over the head with a spatula,
and Bryn didn't eat too many ingredients...
But I think deep, deep down,
there was fun had somewhere.

And I did find a rare moment of zen when they were all spreading jam on the pastry sheet.
(almost looks like a Pinterest moment huh?)


However, our Raspberry Pastry straws didn't seem to look quite as nice as the originals...

Exhibit A: The Original Jam Straws


Exhibit B: The Bennett Kids Jam Straws


I do have to give the kids some credit
(afterall they are only 7, 5 and 2)
And I let them do most of the work.
The Straws tasted good enough that I will probably try to make these again...
once the kiddos are in bed.

No comments: