Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We got snow!


Well...sort of.
But any trace of anything remotely "not green" on the ground is close enough for my kids.

Yep...the were "Snowmen"...or "Snowforms" as I like to call them.
I am not too sure where the inspiration came from, but I have to admit that I am impressed they managed to make them with the lack of snow.
(and please note that the one on the right does not have a face.)


They even had to try some snow angels.
Which I think may be an art using just an inch of snow.
(and yes- they are still wearing their pjs).


I finally had to stop them when they pulled the lids off the garbage cans and tried to slide down the front yard slope.
(think Clark Griswold in Christmas vacation)
True story.

Snow has been scarce this winter. (but I'm not complaining)
My kids enjoy playing in the snow and coming in afterwards for hot chocolate, but they did not inherhit that gene from me...oh no!
I will take my flip flops anyday. I suspect my mild weather luck will run out soon and we will end up with a blizzard on Easter.

But, despite my open dislike of all things winter, I do enjoy the Goofy Hat Gang, rosey cheeks
and fresh, winter air that makes them tired and ready for bed early.



No comments: