Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our new addition.


It was a banner year at Casa Bennett as Santa surprised us with a puppy!
Luckily, I was let in on the secret a couple days early, so I could help prepare for his adorable arrival.

Meet Sidney.
Sweet, sweet Sidney.
He is a Dogue de Bordeaux, also known as the French Mastiff (you know, like the one from the old movie- Turner and Hooch!)
He is uber adorable today, but will soon be a big ol slobbery lug.


Tom and I fell in love with this breed after meeting a few of them. They were all so mellow and calm and don't require a great deal of exercise.
We knew this was the breed for us.

I wish I caught the girls reaction on video, but that would have required actual thinking ahead on my part.
I did manage to get one of Bryn's shock. It was priceless.



Sid will obviously make a great guard dog one day...
(he is so wary of strangers)


And he already has mastered the dogue art of being a floor ornament...



And a bedtime heater-


Yep- so many uses for one talented dogue.
Lucky we are to have our sweet Sidney!
(soon to be slobbery Sidney)


(I think Bryn has one more week of being able to carry him around- he is growing faster than any weed!)

No comments: