Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Denial - it ain't just a river in Egypt

I have been meaning to post this for awhile to setttle an on-going debate betwix Tom and myself (the latter being right of course). It goes like this:

Ava looks like Tom.
There is no way she will ever be mistaken for anyone other than her father's daughter.
I think we could even argue whether or not I am her mother as she definately has strong Bennett traits.
Tom really truly thinks she does not look like him.
No really.
Maybe it's because she's so cute? Whatever the reason, he refuses to acknowledge that he got his good looks from Ava.

So, while looking at some older pictures, I came across this photo of Ava at 9 weeks that I affectionately refer to as- "Mini Tom".



And just to be fair, here is a recent picture of Mini Tom Ava.


And for reference- Big Tom


I think we can all agree that if we stuck a bow on Tom's head, we'd all have to start calling him "Big Ava".

Can you see the resemblence?
Yeah, I thought so.
Point for Jill.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry I have only seen Tom in pics, but Big Ava he be:P

Heather said...

Ok, I said to Ethan "See this baby? He says yea. I said see this little girl? He says yea. I tel him that baby is the little girl when she was smaller. Do you see this man? He says yea. I said who do you think he is? He says her dad. I ask him why and he says because he looks like her!"
Well even an 8 year old thinks so. :)