Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Happy New Year!

Happiest New Year All!! So far, 2009 has been a good one!

We had a pretty quiet New Years' Eve. We went over to our neighbours' to enjoy some fireworks (which is definately a Southern thing on NYE).
Bryn loved the sparklers and the fireworks! She joyfully danced around and did all things Bryn.
You will notice Ava is missing from the pictures...she hates fireworks or anything that makes a "boom" sound, so she stayed inside their house and watched from the door asking if each "boom" was the last one. Poor girl.
First we scar Bryn with the roller coasters and now Ava suffers from fireworks phobia. I believe I am working on Mother of the Year award and 2009 has just begun!

The girls fell asleep in our arms as we chatted around the fire with some friends. By 10 pm, I was ready for bed...but I managed to wake up during the midnight countdown, give T a kiss and fall asleep on the couch.





"This year for my resolution, I decided not to make any resolutions.
Why?
Every year I make sweeping resolutions- eat better, get in better shape, blah,blah, blah and inevidably they are blown by January 2nd...which would prove true again this year a I just scarfed down a chocolate cookie for breakfast!
So to save myself from my own disappointment, I decided to take baby steps. This year I will organize my zillion photos, get my recipes in order and try not to have chocolate cookies for breakfast. Or at least wait until morning snack!"

The above resolutions are in quotations as they were my resolutions from last year (if you look long and hard in TheBowtique blog archives). I thought it was pretty funny that I could use the exact same paragraph for this year's resolutions (which goes to show the extent of laziness that I truly can go to).

Sadly, I didn't really do much to aid my 2008 resolutions.
I managed to print more photos to organize, collect more recipes to sort and continue to enjoy cookies for breakfast...although truth be told, we could probably substitite chocolate cookies for cinnamon buns.

So this year, I resolve not to have any resolutions...and so far, none have been broken (which is a good thing considering what I ate for breakfast...no, not cookies)


Cake.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your resolutions pretty much summed up my resolutions! Although the cookie for breakfast is a hard one to break;p

I need you here to help me get my butt back to the rec though. babysteps.