Monday, February 23, 2009

O.M. Flyer

My Old Man on his Flyer.
Tom was a brilliant BMX dude waaaaay back in the day. In his skinny little teenaged frame with longer and prettier hair than mine.
Once and awhile he pulls out his OM Flyer (which very apptly stands for Old Man) and does some tricks for the girls.
Secretly, I love to watch him. I kind of feel like a groupie as I get all butterfly-like when I watch him pop a few wheelies (yeah, I know, I never said I wasn't easy).
I don't think he realizes just how cool he looks.
I mean yeah, I am the first to acknowledge he probably can't get away saying he's 25 anymore, but I haven't seen too many middle aged Dads doing cool tricks on their bikes.



Now the down-side of this is that the girls are taking in every trick and turn he does...and Bryn "I-Don't-Believe-In-Gravity" Bennett feels the need to try and keep up with her seasoned Dad.
I watch her trying to stand on her bike while going up the curbs and even letting go of a hand...and although I am quick to scream out- "Use two hands please!" There is a part of me that is glad she seems to have inherited Dad's mad BMX skillz.

(and it makes me realize that maybe this man needs a boy to call son).

No comments: