Monday, February 2, 2009

Terrible Two and a Halves

Ava continues to test my buttons...and she does it with a smile!
I think we have hit the terrible twos late...she will be 3 in a month and she has just started to dig her heels in even further than usual. Which means Mommy is going to have to take up drinking as a sport just to keep sane! I am dreading what "3" will bring us...hopefully some sort of end to this exhausting phase.
It's a good thing the kid is cute, or else I'd have to ebay her...nay...not ebay as that would have too many fees, no, I'd Craigslist her instead. (no worries, to a good home only, with lots of fenced yard to roam)

This weekend we spent a lot of time at the "swamp" beside our house. It's not really a swamp, more like a gutter, but that's what the girls call it, so I just go along.
They would spend hours there if I let them...just roaming, hiding in the trees and looking for pet sticks.

Ava is actually happy in these pictures, despite the ever-present "bull-dog" look that Miss Ava has permantently fixed on her face.






We did enjoy a funny conversation yesterday.
Ava asked me whether or not I was a "Good-morning person".
I decidedly told her "Not really".
She then told me that she was a "Nighty-night owl" too.

For all the bi!ching I do, I certainly love this little person.

(also as a side note: Miss Bryn is doing well. I saw her a few days ago playing Wii and haven't seen her much since...yes, my other daughter, "The Gamer")

No comments: