Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wii got game.

Some call it Wii.
Some call it fun.
Some call it widow maker.

We introduced the Wii into our house over the holidays. Slowly, one by one, it has quietly sucked each of us into its hypnotic gaming powers.

Tom was first to go. I am left a Wii widow, as he spends alot of his time with his beloved "Wii". And its cleverly disguised as "family time" as both of the girls have fun playing too.
This is no surprise with his nack for throwing himself wholeheartedly into anything he does. I think the PC term is "enthusiastic"!
Tom probably spends more time doing things to enhance our Wii than actually playing.
Did you know you can actually talk through the Miis?
Or how about you can buy cables to get your Wii in HD? (no, seriously)
If there is anything for him to fix or fiddle or modify, its done.


Next to be devoured by the Wii's power was Bryn.
How she fell hard and fast.
Bryn has the uncanny ability to pick up any game after playing with it a few minutes. She is so impressive, that I actually have to try my best to avoid a mercy winning by her. (She has stellar balance on Wii Fit and one heck of a bowling arm!)

See the picture? Apparently she is "running". The clever cookie realized she didn't need to run to go anywhere...all she had to do was shake the wii-mote to get the same points. Although I know technically its being lazy, I prefer to think of it as "energy efficient".

Yes, Bryn started playing the Wii and I haven't seen her since.

Even Miss Avie has taken a liking to the Wii. Although its nothing short of torture to sit beside her while she tries to control her Wii-mote to get a game started, there are a few games she can play...namely the Running.
Ava will run like a mad woman, which is great for me, as my whole purpose in life right now it to see how tired I can make these kids so they will fall asleep! It also acts as a great short-term babysitter, so I can catch up on my blogging or bon-bon eating.

Lastly, with much resistance, I have given into the Wii's gaming powers.
I wish I could say I spend hours playing the Fit games and the exercise programs...but alas- I can not.
Nay, it's the creating of Miis that has been hooked.
I just can not stop.
I love to see what famous Miis are marching about in my Mii Plaza and how to make our family Miis look more and more like us.
It's a sickness really. I think I may have to start a support group for other Mii addicts, because I know you are out there!

No comments: