Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doodle Doos!

Sunday marked the day that Bryn has been counting down for about 64 days (give or take a few hours)...
It was her official birthday party- "with friends".
We invited some friends to join us at a local kids salon for some pampering...and cupcakes of course.
The whole thing went off without a hitch.
9 little girlies patiently waited their turns to get their nails and hair done and played a few games along the way. The best part, was that I let go of my controlling party planning tendencies and actually enjoyed the afternoon with someone else in charge (well once I saw that that the party table was appropriately coordinated).








Out of all the girls there, it was wee Ava that seemed to enjoy the pampering the most. This surprised me as I can barely get a brush through that girls hair without her screaming like a howler monkey!
But she had a great time and carried on with all of the older girls like she was 5 years old!! (which reminds me that she will in fact be 3 next week - ack!)




It was all rainbows, butterflies and cupcakes until the pinata was brought out.
Then there was some FIERCE pinata whacking...especially once the girls found there was actually candy hidden inside!

(note to self- do NOT allow Ava to carry a baseball bat by herself, even if its plastic)!!



The whole party went off much better than I hoped...and just the fact that I was able to walk out the door without any mess to clean up made it worth every penny.
Thank heaven Bryn's birthday week is over.
Next...Ava turns 3.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun Birthday! See, you never could of planned that kind of party in boring ol' Norwalk! What a girly day!!

Amy said...

Fun! My daughter has that same Birthday Girl shirt.