Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easy Bake, my a$$!!

So, Bryn and I tried out her new Easy Bake oven! I was so excited to try it out as I had one when I was a kid and I loved it.
Yes, I loved it even enough to marry it!(obviously, I am totally living vicariously through my kids).
Anyway, Bryn decided she wanted to make the donuts. We had the little donut mix set which we nearly had to refinance our house for as those little refill kits are expensive.
We carefully added the couple drops of water required to make the mix.
Bryn carefully mixed her wee dollop of mix (I still wasnt too sure how we were going to get 2 whole donuts out of this mix). But, we managed and all it took was 30 mins to make, bake and cool each donut (which seems cruel to make a kid and her hungry Mom wait that long).
So, do the math- that was almost an hour for 2 donuts!!!

Even though we pretty much had to use a rather unorthodox method to eat our donuts (have you ever used a spoon?), it still tasted pretty good. Bring on the cake next!!




Note: If you want to use your Easy Bake oven, my best advice is to follow the directions and use the 100W light bulb...anything less, just won't cut it.
I'm just saying...

No comments: