Saturday, March 28, 2009

Life's a Beach!

Since we had my family visiting from the north and it was a balmy 60 degrees here...I kid...it was actually pretty nice and I think anything over 60 was considered balmy by my northern folks.
We decided to take our company to the beach, as thats about all there is around here.
So in spirit, we did all things beachy-
there was some frisbee,

(yep, I'd love to say my wee sis inherited my legs, but alas, I can not.
She is not yet 16 and already towers over me.
Where or where was the gene fairy when I was born, huh?)



And my only cool dude brother (man he needs a tan and a cheeseburger, but don't let that fool you, he eats like an elephant)



Of course, my girlies couldn't get involved with any beach activities that didn't require getting sand in all sorts of cracks and crevices.

And sand angels seemed like such a fun idea at the time...unless you are the person responsible for the removal of sandy cracks and sandy laundry...arg.
(I am still finding sand in places where is should not be)!




Although I did partake in a bit of sandy fun. I absoltely lerve the feeling of soft sand between my toes.




Apparently this time of year is known for jellyfish being washed up on the shore. We stumbled across quite a few of them, which was pretty cool (and kinda gross at the same time). These jellyfish had their danglies all chewed off or as Bryn called them "really dead".



Then we ran across a few of these. Pretty much gave me just a WTF? reaction. It appeared to be some sort of man eating sea slug with a big ol mouth at the end that would open up if you poked at it. And although I was totally grossed out by this, I just could not resist poking at them to watch the slugginess of it all.
All I know is that if these came in from the water, I won't be going in anytime soon. *insert the heebie jeebies here*


Of course I took about a thousand pictures of the girls. They like very different things at the beach.
Bryn loves to play in the water.
No matter the tempurature.
She frolicks and swims around like a lovely little mermaid...albeit a slightly bluish, cold looking one.





...and then there is our Avie.
Avie prefers, nay, will only tolerate the sand. She can not be within feet of wet sand or the water or else she sounds her howlering monkey alarm-
"I DOOOOOON'T LIIIIIKE THE BEEEEEEACH!"
No, Ava just plays somewhat quietly making sand castles, digging holes and staying as far as possible away from teh water.





Me? I love both. Although I stayed on the beach most of the time because I wasn't sporting my swimsuit. It's too small or I am getting too big.
And I refuse to buy a maternity one (again that pesky denial).
Well, that and the fact that the water was freeeeezing!

2 comments:

Recessionista Fashionista said...

Is that your persnickity face?

jillain said...

why yes, i believe it may be...(hardy har)