Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brrrr.

We had a 2 hour delay for school today.
That means Bryn got to stay home 2 extra hours before the bus came to pick her up.

I love 2 hour delays because it's the best of both worlds.
You get to sleep in AND they still go to school.

But what made this 2 hour delay such a memorable one, was what my oldest did with her time.
She asked me whether she could go outside and shovel the driveway.
Of course I said yes, knowing full well she'd be back inside in minutes because it was so cold outside and our driveway is expansive.






But the girl totally surprised me. Not only did she make a good dent in shoveling the driveway (for Daddy to help finish later), but she actually did all the sidewalk in front of our house!
We live on a huge corner lot, so that's A LOT of sidewalk to shovel!
(I don;t even think I could manage to finish it)...or at least that's what we need to let Tom continue to believe!

Needless to say, I am proud of my little snow bunny.
She totally delivered and scored a hot cocoa with as many marshmallows as her little heart desired. (oh and a few bucks too).

I now realize why we had kids in the first place.
I think next, we will work on some floor scrubbing.

No comments: