Sunday, September 7, 2008

After the Storm

We decided to head the the beach on Friday evening to check out the waves and see if anything exciting washed up onshore from Tropical Storm Hannah.


Although it's hard to tell from these pictures, the waves were pretty huge! The shore was full of surfers trying to catch a good wave (also known as suicide in my humble opinion).



There were lots of big washed up shells (as usual, as this particular beach is mostly shelly and a bugger to get off your skin). But we discovered another starfish, which is always cool. And it was released back into the waters, so no worries.


We just enjoyed walking up and down the beach (which means running for Bryn as she's got more energy than the Energizer bunny).
I collected a few new shells for my collection and the girls just tried to get sand in all the places it didn't belong.





Tom played in the waves. He almost went in for a "swim" when the waves pulled one of his flip flops off!



And of course, the artsy "beach picture of Tom" (as scenic as he's going to get anyway!)


I also got some neat pictures of the houses along the beach. This is the one place my secret desire to own a pink and purple house would work! The houses are every color and it works here.
I am hoping one day when we retire, we can afford to live down here in the winters.



I am not too sure what this castle is called, but since St Augustine is the oldest city, I am willing to bet it's got a good story to it!
All in all, just another pefectly beachy day!

No comments: