Friday, September 26, 2008

Snake!

While playing in the garage the other day, I heard the unmistakable sound of a snake slither...and looked in the corner of the garage to find a 3 foot snake looking at me with the same look of surprise. Poisonous or not, it was a snake, and that in itself is enough to freak my stuff!
After refreshing Bryn's memory with the "911" number (just in case this snake was poinsonous and just in case he decided to bite), I appraoched him with a rather large broom and tried to persuade him out of the garage. Reluctantly, he left and took refuge in the neighbors yard. All 3 feet of him!

As it turns out, I think he was a garter snake, but I just didn't like the way he looked at me. I don't think I will ever get used to the big a$$ bugs and snakes down here.
Of course, Bryn and Ava were giddy with excitement trying to follow him through the grass. Bryn The Reptile Whisperer wanted to catch him and probably name him "Lila". Although I think he looks more like a "Cujo".


No comments: