Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tubesock Tuesdays

So, did I mention that I somehow managed to get myself signed up for another YMCA challenge?
Yes, this one starts next week and its called "YFL". We grouped up into teams of 4 Our team is called the Power Puffs. Which I thought was pretty cute. We have a very strong team of 4 die-hard well 3 die hards and myself. (although truth be known, I am pretty sure that I am the weak link on the team).

We'll see if this gets as serious as the Survivor challenge did. They actually ranked all 15ish teams and we ranked at number 4!! I am pretty sure this is because no one checked my statistics very well. People are talking smack already, so this should make for some fun butt-kicking. Whose butt kicks whose? Dunno yet.

For the past couple weeks, one of the trainers has been trying to get everyone to wear tubesocks on Tuesdays....some people did. I was one that did not take this very seriously, until today.
A couple gym members went and bought a bunch of tubesocks for all of us to wear. Of course I pulled the pink socks with red, yellow and green stripes. Definately, not a look I will be trying to pull off anywhere but the Y on Tuesday. But it was fun. Everyone put on their mismatched socks and sported them for CARDIO INTERVAL class.
I am going to try and get my hands on a picture of the tubesock group as I think it was quite a spendiferous sight to behold and I am thinking the photo may be worth a little money one day.
And as uncool as I felt, I thought there is probably no other gym I'd rather be. Oh my beloved Y.

No comments: