Monday, September 22, 2008

A wonderfully ordinary weekend

This was a relaxing weekend. Relaxing in the sense that we didn't have anywhere that required a car to go, nor anything in particular to do. (not relaxing in the fact that we still had 2 little people to contend with).
I spent the weekend organizing closets, puddle jumping and playing "Little People".
As my youngest gets older, I realize that these days of just playing are numbered. We spent a good portion of Saturday playing with her toys- you know, the place where seals drive cars and turtles drive the buses.
Although I am quick to complain about the noise, the headaches and chaos that a couple youngins' bring, I am really going to miss these days of silliness and pigtails (oh how I love me those pigtails).






Bryn also decided that she would take Ava for a nice Sunday stroll in her Jammin' Barbie jeep. It always makes me laugh to see them cruising down the street trying to sing along with the gospel songs (as that seems to be the only station that works in this jeep). But I suppose it could be worse...I suppose they could stumble across one of those 'Tween Disney sensations and make me listen to it over and over (and I think that day is coming sooner than I am willing to accept too).






We also spent waaaay too much time puddle jumping as its the rainy season here. Secretly, I love me some puddle jumping with the girls because I know I'd look mighty crazy doing it all by myself! Playing outside right now often requires rainboots and umbrellas.



All in all, it was a perfectly ordinary weekend.

No comments: