Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the land of Gators...

You must go visit the Alligator Farm! So that's exactly what we did today!
Tom, the girls and myself packed up some snacks and the small entourage of "stuff" that we seem to take with us everywhere and headed to the St Augustine Alligator Farm.


As always, there are lots of gators and such to be found here (and we know it well as we have a family pass).
First we were greeted with the Gator Welcoming Committee. Complete with big ol' gator grins. (although it was about lunch time, so I am thinking they were eyeing up a bite size Ava).



We saw the usual suspects, which includes the creepy albino gators-


The funny looking crocodile from India-


And of course more gators looking for lunch!


Now because we were with Tom, he comes armed with about $10 in quarters so he can start a feeding frenzy! They have machines all over the park that you can put in a quarter and get a handful of food to feed the alligators. The girls love to do this, and Tom loves to cause meyham, so we did.
(I just watch in horror and hope nobody falls in)


When I looked a little closer, I noticed a big, and I mean snap off your hand big turtle under the gatorness trying to get his share of food. (can you see him?)


We also saw "Maximo" the 15 plus feet gator! He is huge! SO big, I couldn't get all of him in the picture, unless I moved back half a mile (as I had my zoom lens).


And of course Maximo's distant cousin.


We also made friends with the rather large Kimodo dragon (again, i think he was looking for lunch too).



We also took in some of the other wild creatures the Alligator Farm has to offer.
Some big and creepy vultures, definately looking for a snack.




A beautiful bird whose name I have forgotten. but I can tell you they are found in Africa, should you ever get the chance to go there.



And about the ugliest bird ever. Its a Marabou stork and he looks like an ugly old man.



Plus some other rather funny looking critters, that I decided were cute enough to take home.
All in all, another fun day!!

No comments: