Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Better late than never, right??
I finally managed to coherce get Tom to come along to pick the family Bennett pumpkins.
Usually I get these things done weeks in advance as the worry of finding one the night before Halloween just seems to stressful for my delicate soul...and this year I was right!
We had to go to a couple pacthes to pick two out.
The first patch had about 10 pumpkins left...all were bigger than Ava, so that was a no go.


Although we did manage to get a couple cute Sears like pictures of the girls. I think this should be our Christmas card!



Then we made it to another patch that still had some decent pumpkins left, but it seems half the city was there as well. There were workers directing traffic and helping drivers park in the parking lot. It was pure pumpkin patch craziness! We managed to find 2 pumpkins and escape relatively unscathed.
But you bet that next year, I'll be hitting the patches a good 3-4 weeks in advance to avoid that craziness again.


No comments: