Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quite the predicament.

It's not even 9 am and I admit, I was heading out to the garage to get myself a Coke for breakfast. You know, the breakfast of champions! (I am in need of some caffeine after very little sleep and we keep the canned drinks in the fridge in the garage).
Anyway, while heading outside, I couldn't open the doorknob.
No, it wasn't locked, it was broken.
No problem,right? Just go around the house and open the garage door.

Problem.
The garage door opener is IN my car, IN the garage, and we don't have a keypad on our garage (but you can bet your bippy it's now high on my Honey Dew list).
Just get a screwdriver and open up the doorknob, you say?

Again, problem.
The only screwdriver in the house (and not IN the garage) is my little lady set that is too small to use around the doorknob.

Under normal circumstances, I would be freaking out. Tom is out of town, we have a few errands to run, and a day stuck at home with the girls makes for a reeeeeally long one. (one that would definately require a Coke or some sort of caffeinated beverage).
Luckily (well, as luckily as I am going to get), Tom is supposed to fly home tonight and it's Sunday, not Monday, or any other carpool school day...so I suppose if I am going to be screwed, then I got off pretty easy.

I will be spending my day trying to figure out a way to open the garage and wondering if maybe this is some way I am being told that I don't need a Coke this morning.


UPDATE: The caffeine Gods were on my side today! Tom made it home a little earlier than expected, managed to open my garage door so I could get me some Coke (of the cola variety) ;)
Oh, that, and he made it home safe and sound. Better day.

No comments: