Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snake! (take two)

Once again, we were lucky enough to find a snake in our yard. Now I am not too familiar with snakes (and in fact have mistaken worms for them), so I see a bright red snake and immediately assume its out to get us.
We found this bad boy trying desparately to get away from Tom.
While Tom carefully held on to him, I goggled the internets to see if I could decifer which snake this was. I quickly learned that it was only a red rat snake and was harmless to us. Well, at least he couldn't poison us with venom, but I am sure this 3 feet beast will be haunting my dreams for awhile.
Ava on the other hand managed to pet the "cute baby snake". (sometimes I have to wonder if Ava really is my daughter as you will never hear me use the word "cute" in the same sentence as snake).


No comments: