Friday, October 17, 2008

Stars

Yes, I am still here...been busy with bows, my babes and well, just life.

This is one of the things that I both adore and can not stand about Tom. When he gets a whim, he goes FULL OUT! (and yes, that deserved all capitol letters).
Well, there was a full moon this past week, so Tom decided to make an evening of it. He pulled out his honkin' telescope and set it up for the girls to see the moon.

The chaos lasted about half an hour. I tried to warn him of his plans when it was already way past the girls bedtime....but sometimes there is just no reasoning with small children and Tom. I managed to grab a few pictures of the girls enjoying the view before I went and hid inthe house while he dealt with the bickering over whose turn it was to look at the moon.




It really was a very cool sight. The moon was so clear and you could see all the craters and hills. Stuff like this always makes me laugh, as I am sure not too many people own such telescopes as this one. I suppose we could also add "night vision goggles" to the list of toys that most people do not have, but that's another story for another day.

No comments: