Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Another weekend has come and gone, bringing us all a little closer to the "Holidays". (insert your choice of scary music here)
As a newer resident to the 2 season lifestyle, I just can not get into this holiday spirit, without a little snow, or least a bone chillin' wind.
On Friday, it was 85 degrees, so Christmas was the last thing on my mind as we played outside.
The girls also learned a new trick.




We finally woke to a good cool day. It was a chilly 60 degrees today.
I have officially turned into a cold weather wuss. 60 degrees here, is certainly not the same 60 degrees I knew up north.
So, with all this cold weather, we decided to do some home organizing. I call it organizing, but both Tom and I get side tracked with other projects so the house ends up looking much worse than we started!
But I managed to sort through the bins of clothes, and the closet of hidden things to find a new places for all this old new-found stuff (and man, does Tom do we ever have a lot of stuff.
It was one of those days, where everything gets tossed into a box labeled giveaway, garbage or ebay (although I am pretty sure I could have interchanged any of the boxes and their stuff).
We can finally see the bed in the guestroom and I feel like I actually got something done today.

I have also learned that Tom and I can not organize the house together ever again. It brings us too close to the brink of divorce (as I reminded him for the umpteenth time that his "Bennett smutt and eggs" picture would NOT be displayed for all to see in our family room).
But at the end of the day, Tom listened to the boss lady we both compromised and found new homes (the garbage can) for much of Tom's our stuff.

No comments: