Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ava-isms

Ava seems to be full of ALOT to say lately. Her vocabulary is truly remarkable (and I think we all know who to blame for that one... Her never speechless father, as her mother is a delicate wall flower)...anyway, today we started to sing a few hundred rounds of Old MacDonald's with Ava and it went a little something like this:
"Old MacDonald's had a farm,
Eeeech I Eeeech I oooooo
and on his farm he had a big white horse with spots
Eeeeech I Eeeeech I oooooo."

Then she proceeded to sing in great descriptive detail about each animal on MacDonald's Farm.
"Big big brown moo cow"
"A Cute Little Baby Pig"

...and you get the drift. Ava seems to think that Old MacDonald has some very interesting animals on his farm too. I think there was a sea serpent, a griffin, and a kimodo dragon too...I'd love to see that farm!

Ava finally has a mispronounciation that will be baby book worthy. What do I mean by this?
When Bryn was little she used to say "baby soup" for her bathing suit. We'd ask her all sorts of questions to hear her say baby soup as we were first time parents and had nothing better to do than to hear our daughter mispronounciate words. We still giggle about "baby soup" to this day.
Well, Ava pronounces 'Firetruck" as, you guessed it "Trirefuck". As horrible as it is, I break a smile every time she does this. I am even tempted to just go drive back and forth by the firehouse (which is 1 minute away) so I can hear her mispronounce firetruck over and over. (again, I realize this is one of those things that will be brought up with Ava and her therapist years from now). But for now, its just one of the daily pleasures I get to enjoy as Mom to these wonderfully goofy little girls.

1 comment:

Robin Rogers said...

I also used to do that to you when I was a first time Auntie, albeit I was much younger so it would make more sense that I would find that so hilarious!!