Sunday, November 30, 2008

When caramel rolls go horribly wrong

Take heed my friend.

Do not try a recipe for the first time when you have company staying with you. I am sure most of you are smart enough to figure this out, I sadly, am not.

This is what happens when you put too many dough rolls out to rise overnight. If I had slept in another hour, I am sure this mess would've been trying to take over the world, as it seems to be making an attempt to take over my kitchen.




But worry not, I am great at trying to pass food off as edible, so after some clever engineering I ended up with caramel rolls that looked and tasted like this (and my hips will agree that I enjoyed most of them all by myself).



The caramel fiasco was the only glitch this holiday weekend. I managed to pull off a somewhat edible turkey dinner and I enjoyed time with my In-Laws (yes, I said "IN-LAWS")...but they only stay a couple days. I think another couple days would've been a little hard on everyone and I may not have used the word "enjoy" then.

Now we try to get back to our normal lives (as normal as possible for us, anyway).

Next on the list- preparing for Christmas! (ha)

No comments: