Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bake-A-Palooza 2008

Baking.
It's a whole new ballgame when baking with anyone under 3 feet tall. It becomes a team tackle sport at our house. One referee is not enough to follow a recipe in my kitchen. Fortunately, we made through the afternoon with little injuries in the kitchen.

We tried to do some holiday baking and thought it would be fun to have the girls and Ava's "bess fen, Ash-ell-lynd" ("best friend Ashlyn", for those not fluent in Ava-speak), to come and help decorate some sugar cookies.

We let the girls decorate the sugar cookies, by violating them with more frosting and sugar sprinkles than imaginable. I knew it was going to be messy, I did not know just how much cookie carnage there would be.






My help (oh, there was double, even triple dipping going on).


We continued the holiday baking the next day and the girls helped me with some of these sweet treats.







After the baking frenzy, we passed out from sugar comas.
I suppose now we will get ready for the arrival of Santa (which ironically means baking a few more special cookies here).
Maybe this year, we will just leave some Christmas carrots out for Santa as I have had enough of cookies for once and Bryn reminded me that Santa should make a good choice for his snack (although I don't think carrots are going to bring me the same goodies as cookies would).

1 comment:

Heather said...

I always think of you when I bake a batch of cookies:) Your goodies look quite tasty. I have had enough of goodies for quite some time.