Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happiest Birthday Andie!

I have an old friend. Old is in- she's now aged yet another year (but still remains months younger than I, so we shall not go there) and "old friend" as we have been friends a very long time. We have been friends for 28 years.
It is rare to have known someone so long (besides your family) and remain the best of friends (although yes, there were some bad times). To be the type of friend that you can call 28 times each day with nothing important to say...well not important to the sane world, but placemats and spatulas are essential in our friend world.
A friend that stands behind you or gives you a push when you need one. A friend that takes your ramblings as they come (sometimes in daily droves) and just listens to the complaints (and agrees that it is indeed never MY fault).

I don't even think I can out into words how important this friend is to my exsistence. She has helped to make me who I am today (not sure if I should thank her and blame her for that one).

So today, on her __th birthday, I wish Andie the happiest birthday ever!! (and to remind her of how very special she is to me).

1 comment:

Robin Rogers said...

That is exactly like miss connie and I, we've been friends for 40 years!! Albeit there has been good times and bad, but all and all a friend through and through....