Sunday, December 7, 2008

MOSH!

We enjoyed a busy weekend. We decided to take the girls to MOSH- also known as the Museum of Science and History. (I think "MOSH" sounds much more exciting, as who in the world would take their youngins' to a history museum?)
Anyway, it was a good time had by all. I think Tom enjoyed the science activities more than the girls did.
This is when he is at his best. He is the perfect play-Dad. He gets down and dirty or bubbly in this case with the kids.
The girls really enjoyed the "sound room" which is where they could make all sorts of noise using loud objects...I thought it kind of sounded like the accoustics in our great room...so I was not as impressed as I get to enjoy that experiment everyday.






On Sunday, I thought since all our neighbors have gone all Griswald and put up their outside holiday decorations, it was time for us to do the same. This is usually Tom's job, but I decided to put the lights up myself as I just couldn't stand going any longer without some exterior illumination or I would die that horrible death and go to the place of wonky Christmas trees.

I thought this would prove to be an easy task, but 1.5 hours and two scratched to ba-jebus hands later, I am only half done. So there will be no illumination tonight, thanks to the prickles on the palm tree and my impatience for inanimate objects that refuse to work MY way.

(I did have some awfully cute reindeer playing games all over the yard)

No comments: