Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Merry Little Christmas

It all started on Christmas Eve when we were all high from sugar cookie sugar.
Bryn made some "reindeer food" at school (which I think was birdfood) and we sprinkled it on the front lawn for Santa's reindeer.
As you can see, this job was taken very serisouly as I was made to wait on the walkway while Bryn and Ava thoughtfully sprinkled the reindeer food in only the very best reindeer-food places in our front yard. This little event took quite awhile.





We enjoyed a quiet Christmas morning
(as quiet as can be expected at our house anyway) with the girls and Tom's parents.
Fun was had by all.
And I am pretty sure a few trees were sacrificed to support all the wrapping we destroyed within minutes.

Christmas carnage.


Then we enjoyed the rest of the day playing with our new toys.
Tom seemed to enjoy testing out everyone's toys...and cuddled with that baby lion cub a little longer than I care to admit on the internet.


Ava and her cheerleader outfit (I don't think it has come off her yet and she actually napped in it a couple times!)
She was either cheering or having a seizure.


Cookies.
All I remember is lots of cookies. I think I have blocked out some of the day due to a sugar coma.
I am not even sure if we actually ate dinner...there were just so many cookies. . I suppose that explains why my scale has jumped up quite a few pounds, huh?



But fear not, we also managed to burn off some of those calories. Santa brought the Bennetts a new Wii and I love the game so much, that I may actually have to marry it.
It has been the source of super late nights and some very serious competition.
I have mad bowling skillz and am not afraid to use them.
But my new Wii addiction is another story...

No comments: