Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chocoholics

Today we made brownies. Yummy brownies of course, but also stupidly-easy-to-make brownies. I think Bryn could have made these by herself if she was given the chance...
I got the recipe from our friend Dixie. She got it from somewhere else, so I don't know who to give the proper credit to. Either way this easy-peasy, lemon squeezey recipe needed to be shared.
AND the best thing about it is these brownies are not as crumbly as regular ones. They stay together pretty well (thanks to the pudding I think), so you don't have to cringe when you give it to a 2 year old.

To whip up your own batch all you do is mix a package of instant chocolate pudding with 2 cups of milk. Then add a box of chocolate cake mix and a small package of chocolate chips. Mix 'er up and spread it out in a large cookie sheet. Cook them at 350 degrees for about 22-27 mins and then enjoy (after letting them cool off of course, because it would be stoopid to try and take a bite right away as you'd probably burn your tongue--I'm just saying).
Also, I added a sheet of parchment paper to line to cookie sheet, the brownies pulled off like a dream. A yummy. chocolate. dream.
Did I also mention this makes a nice BIG batch of brownies, just in case you had to make a bigger batch for a bake sale or maybe you were suffering from a raging case of PMS and a "small box" just won't cut it. This recipe makes a lot more than those wussy brownie mix ones (12 servings, my a$$). So enjoy!
And you are welcome internet!

And as if you needed proof that these are delicious both before and after baking...here you go! (at least I can say that my girls get it honestly!)

No comments: