Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Playing Catch Up

So...it's been a few busy days and I just haven;t been able to find the time to update.
Our weekend was a nice one. Every Friday night, we have Pizza Night. We order a pizza, have a picnic in the living room and watch a kid movie. Honestly, I think I love pizza night the most. My family has been doing it for as long as I remember. Friday, just isn't Friday without pizza.
This past Friday night was particularily fun, because one of Tom's friends came over to join us. He brought along his old school board game called Axis and Allies. It's bascially a board game based on World War 2 (which is right up Tom's alley). It has all these tiny figurines of soldiers, tanks, battle ships, that you move around a map of the world trying to conquer other countries.
I watched and listened to 2 grown men all night shout out- "Are you going to press on in combat? Or retreat?" It really got quite serious.

Tom making his play to take over and rule the world!

By midnight,I decided to take my Switzerland bottom to bed. Apparently WW 2 went on until 4 a.m.
Geeks.
(and Tom lost the war). So, I predict we will see Chris and his board game again soon for World War 3 at our house.

Then I spent Saturday evening meeting some new neighbours just outside my door!
This moth was about 6 inches across!!! All I could think of was "Isn't this the same moth from Silence of the Lambs?"



The tree frog wasn't so scary, but man, those little guys are LOUD!



Monday night, I enjoyed a night out with some friends at The Melting Pot. Yum. It was worth every calorie.
Liquid cheese and chocolate. What more could you ask for? Except maybe chocolate covered cheese! And we almost got that while drizzling our fondue on some cheesecake. Chocolate and cheese, man...life is good.
And, it has to be shared with the world, I even sported my cute strappy 3ish inch sandals. (yes, I took a picture as proof to my best friend Andi who does not believe that I wear anything but black flip flops). So neener neener!


Of course, I got home late, so I wasn't too sure what to expect with Daddy in charge. I walked into this:



Nothing spectacular, just another wonderfully ordinary weekend.

No comments: