Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I shipped myself"

...this is what my 2.5 year old angel said to me the other day. She approached me (while looking a little upset) and announced- "I shipped myself".
After picking my jaw up off the floor I asked Avie, "What did you just say?"
And sure enough she repeated- "I shipped Mommy".
Of course my initial reaction was to be overcome with rage, thinking this was something she overheard from her father...but then I noticed she was also holding her knee.
I took her hand and discovered that she had a "boo boo" as we call them around here. I quickly did the math and then asked-
"Ava, did you TRip?"
"YES! Mommy, I shipped myself. I has a boo boo".

Whew. I was thrilled to learn that she had not learned any profane language that day (and Tom would be spared a looooong lecture). We were able to cure our obvious lack of communication with a bandaid.
But I am betting that one day, (like in her teenage days) it's going to be a lot harder than a cartoon bandaid to fix things.
I love 2.5 year olds and I love my little shipper.

No comments: