Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation (The Kentucky Part)

Whew. We are home. I have washed myself out of the 7 loads of laundry from our vacation and I can almost see the countertop through the remaining mail. We are almost back to our normal chaos!

While we were away, we we lucky enough to miss the adventure that was Hurruicane Fay. We were also lucky enough to not have too much damage. Although we had to empty the freezer in the garage as that power was knocked out. From the flooded ponds and downed palm trees in the area, I'd say we were relatively unscathed.

I have also learned that 2 weeks is just too long to be away. By the end of the second week, Bryn and Ava were begging to sleep in their beds...and I was praying they'd return to a normal bedtime routine once we arrived home.

We spent the first week with my favorite and best in Kentucky. I love Andie. I love Kentucky. It was a great time. Lots of laughter and "jazz hands".

Bryn and Ava played very well with Miss Sophia and Emma. In fact, they were so very similar, it was kind of eerie. Watching those girls play brought back many memories as Andie and I were 4 and 5 when we met in kindergarten.
These 2 girls ate about a billion popcicles.




We did lots of playing on the playset.



Some climbing.



Some walking, flower observing and dog loving. Ava totally adored their dog "Solly", despite the fact that he probably could have eaten her whole! She just patted this ginormous head and said "Aww, he's so cute!"



What a great start to our vacation.

No comments: