Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vacation (The Ohio Part)

After our visit in Kentucky, we made the trek to Ohio.
We spent lots of time running around, and the girls spent lots of time playing with their aunties.
We enjoyed the Columbus Zoo. We were also lucky enough to meet up with some old friends of ours. Connor was Bryn's first Best Friend, and although it toook a few minutes, they were best buds soon again.



My little sisters are the best help around. It was so nice to actually have a free hand now and then. Bryn and Avie are pretty enamoured of their aunties.



We also enjoyed some animals that we do not see at our local zoo here.
The tigers were eager to come out to play. Although I enjoyed being so close to the tigers, I wasn't feeling too safe with the mere sheet of glass between us (especially when you could see all the ginormous paw marks smeared along the glass.


And some cool waterlife...which is right up Ava's alley. I am sure she would've spent all day watching the Nemos and Dories if I left her there with some juice and a snack (which was very tempting).






At the end of the zoo, we are all tuckered...and I also enjoyed a bit of lovin (which I only seem to get when someone is horribly tired and cuddley, but I'll get it when I can get it).



We also celebrated a barage of birthdays, my 25th birthday (just kidding, we all know I am 33 years young), Tom's birthday and my little sister's 30th birthday (honestly I think 30 even sounds older than 33, so it was all good).


Ava also enjoyed her first braids! So of course I had to document that occasion. And you would too if you had an Ava that cute!


I did my best to try and take some non-people pictures. These are from my Mother's garden. Just some quinessential flower pictures, but I actually like 'em. And because her flowers are so nice, it looks like I can take a picture! It was fun as I tried playing with my zoom lens a little more.


No comments: