Monday, July 21, 2008

Did I mention that Yoda I live with?

Yoda = Ava.
My almost 2.5 year old is a chatterbox. The thing that cracks me up is she sounds like a cross between Yoda and Forrest Gump. For example, when I ask her, "Ava, what would you like to do today?" She answers with "I want go to pooooool to swimmiiiiing!"
I have to listen to her everyday, so I am pretty fluent in "Ava". I can put almost any pronoun anywhere in a sentence and it still makes sense to me. However, Ava's poor father may have to take a course soon to understand her drawn out rants.
One of my other favorite Ava-isms is she adds "s" on most of her words. I don't know there is any particular reason for it, other than making everything more difficult than she has to (but I like her flare for creative phonetics).
An argument I get to endure everyday (complete with flailing noodle appendenges)- "I go not takes a naps". Although it sounds more like this- "I GOOOOES NOOOOOOOT TAKES A NAAAAAAAPSSSSSSS"!! Yeah, good times.

Ava is also very clever with naming her animals. Her frog is aptly named "Froggy", her dolplin is named "Dolphiny" and even herr lizard is, you guessed it,"Lizardy".

Ava-y, yous smiles put my face on and I admires yours mad naming skillz (my little popsicle-face)!

No comments: