Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do Not Feed the Alligators


Remember yesterday and the $3.99 gas thing? Well, I must have the Fuel Gods on my side for once as I actually got to fill up with $3.97/gallon! That's what I call a good start to the day! Well...at least until 9:30 a.m. when Tom called to let me know that gas was just $3.78/gallon about an hour north of us. Figures. They don't call me "Murphy" for nothing!

Anywho, we went to my beloved Flagler YMCA. The best people, the best staff, the best atmosphere. (and no, I am not being paid to say those things although I'd be happy to accept a free month for spreading the love!) Seriously, I love this place. Probably because it helps me work off all those M&Ms I seem to accumulate during the day. Wait...let me re-word that...it lets me work off all those M&Ms in cool air conditioning (a must down here).

Today, I enjoyed the WORLD FAMOUS CARDIO INTERVAL (sorry about the shouting, but apparently there is so much respect for this class, you need to shout its name out loud. And I respect the C.I. It kicks my sorry a$$). If you are ever in the Flagler Y area, I highly recommend it!
While I workout, the girls go to play in the Kidzone. They love this place too! Ava has even started to share her almost world famous animal impressions with the staff there (which so far has kind of been a dirty little family secret). One day she'll be a jellyfish, one day a spider and some days she's a starfish! Most of Ava's impressions are pretty similar, there's some funny grunting and wiggling, but I must admit, that her starfish impression is spot on!


One our way home from the Y, I stopped to take a picture of perhaps one of the funniest signs ever made. I had no idea it was illegal to feed the alligators in Florida (you hear the sarcasm?) I am wondering if there are actually people who think it's a good idea?
I have yet to spot a man eating alligator along the roadside ponds, but I am always on the lookout and ready to snap a picture with my camera phone.

No comments: