Friday, July 11, 2008

Singing in the rain

We play in puddles. A lot. It always rains here in the afternoon, which leaves me with an hour or two after dinner which I have to expend the extra energy from these 2 girlies (especially after being cooped up by the sub-tropical downpours all afternoon). We often go playing outside in puddle (as long as the lightening isn't too fatal). By "we" I mean Bryn and Ava. "We" get horribly wet and dirty...but it usually makes for a good photo opt and "we" go directly to the bath tub afterwards.
As we splash in the puddles, Ava stops to pick up every single worm- dead or alive. (that's a trait she did not inherit from me- I think worms have cooties, yuck)! She usually says something like "awwww..it's a baby worm. He's too dead" and moves him into the grass.


Bryn runs or skips the whole time. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen the girl walk. She gallops in her pink boots and sings while twirling around with her umbrella. (I wouldn't want it any other way).

By the end of our hour long walk (which should only take 20 minutes as we don't go very far), those girls are ready to drop. That makes it a successful day as a Mom. When your kids have fallen asleep before you tuck them into bed.

No comments: