Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The So Called Lazy Days of Summer

They say that summer is a time for some R&R. As a Stay at Home Mom, I find that we do anything but stay at home. Our days are full of a whole lot of nothing. I say "nothing" because it's not like we really have to do anything. Rather, we spend our time running from the air conditioned gym in the morning to the pool or to the ocean. This is one of the things I love the most about Florida. We can hop into our car and drive to the ocean. Where we find things like this:


And Bryn and Ava get to do things like this:




Of course, after a fun-filled hour or two at the beach (where it is hotter than Hades, I might add), I spend the next 2 days getting sand out if places where it does not belong. And my car always shows traces of sand hidden in the crevices, or the odd fishy smelling sea shell here and there.
But, I don't mind. Florida is darned hot. It's so hot and humid in the summer that we have to be indoors where its air conditioned or up to our ears in water to keep from withering up and dying. Seriously. I do not know how people lived (or even do live) here in the dog days without air conditioning. I turn ours on as soon as the heat hits about 70 degrees.
Yep, I enjoy the Florida style summertime, but life with 2 youngins' is anything but lazy!

No comments: