Thursday, July 10, 2008

Like A Mermaid

Bryn is almost 4.5 years old now and she swims like a fish....I mean, a mermaid(she will appreciate the mermaid reference). Since my husband bought her this cute pink snorkel set, all the girl does is swim around the pool looking for things to pick up from the bottom. In fact, her swimming has improved so much, that I think the Red Cross should use a snorkel for swim training. Sometimes I even have to be sure she's actually alive with the terrifying length of time she can just float (with the snorkel) in the water.





Now Miss Ava on the other hand, thinks she can swim. She will plunge her little 2 year old self into the pool trusting that I will be there to catch her and keep her from drowning. Ava's method is a little less orthodox as she truly believes that she is just swimming underwater and not in fact mere seconds away from drowning. (I should also mention at this time that I think the stress of taking 2 small kids to a pool has taken about 5 years of my life).




No comments: