Saturday, July 12, 2008

Survival of the Fittest

I joined the local YMCA a few months ago to help lose those last few pounds of baby weight (yeah, I know, my baby is 2.5). They just started a fun challenge called "Survivor", so I thought, what better way to help jump start a fitness routine? It started out innocently enough, being rewarded with points for working out and doing various challenges. Each week, the members with the lowest points are voted "off" Flagler Island. When I first started this challenge, my only goal was to not get voted off the first week.
Well, we have just started week 5 and Survivor has taken over my life. I almost have an anxiety attack if I can not get to the gym to work out and get some points for the week. Eat. Sleep. Earn points. Rinse and repeat.
I didn't think I would be playing so far into the challenge, but now that I am still among the survivors, I am prepared to vote my own mother off, if I have to.

So there it is. My dirty little secret. I am addicted to this Survivor challenge and I don't even know what we are playing for. Although I can not complain with the new set of calves I seem to have developed.

No comments: